Daniel Bryan The Latest Omission From Controversial Crown Jewel Show

Daniel Bryan The Latest Omission From Controversial Crown Jewel Show

There has been widespread pressure on the company to pull out of doing the show following the murder of Washington Post columnist and Virginia resident Jamal Khashoggi inside the Saudi consulate in Turkey four weeks ago.

Hogan's return follows the confirmation this week that Superstars John Cena and Daniel Bryan will not be heading to the Middle Eastern country for the much criticised grapple fest this Friday.

There are still several major names on the card, including Brock Lesnar, AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Seth Rollins, Dolph Zigler, Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio. "It's just going to keep growing the relationship with the Saudi WWE Universe is just going to get to be as big as possible - I don't see a limit to be honest". I'm not entirely sure how good of a decision it will prove to be to have the preceding match be a Street Fight, especially if you want to save a better part of the action for the pay-per-view.

'And I also want to say once again, thank all of you for allowing me to be part of something so special'. The first event took place in April, with the female wrestlers unable to appear due to strict Saudi laws on women's rights.

Khashoggi was a U.S. resident who went into self-imposed exile and had been an outspoken critic of crown prince Mohammed bin Salman. Earlier this month, Trump said that bin Salman "denied any knowledge" of the killing, which remains under investigation.

In a statement, WWE said, "As always, we maintain an open line of communication with our performers and will address each situation accordingly".

'WWE has operated in the Middle East for almost 20 years and has developed a sizable and dedicated fan base.

Turkish officials concluded that Saudi Arabian agents awaited Khashoggi and killed him inside the consulate, removing his head and fingers in the process.

Related Articles